This is a scientific guide.
Based on the latest medical studies.
- know exactly how CBD helps protect the brain
- discover the oral CBD dosages being tested and possible adverse effects
- find out how this powerful nonintoxicating compound can benefit you
Let’s get started.
2020 CBD Research
Study will assess CBD benefits for quality of life, behavior symptoms and pain relief.
New CBD Study Published February 2019
- This study will test the safety of a cannabis-based oil with a THC:CBD ratio of 3:2 (3 parts THC to 2 parts CBD).
- The study will test CBD benefits for dementia by assessing effects on dementia behavior symptoms, quality of life and pain relief (1).
- 18 week, randomized, double-blind crossover trial
- 2-week eligibility period
- two 6-week treatment cycles
- two 2-week washout periods (2)
- 50 participants with dementia
- currently living in a residential care facility (3)
Evaluation: Data will be collected on 7 occasions for the following assessments:
- Neuropsychiatric Inventory Questionnaire
- Cohen-Mansfield Agitation Inventory
- Quality of Life in Alzheimer’s Disease questionnaire
- Abbey Pain Scale
Check out this video about caring for the elderly with cannabinoids.
Timler A, Bulsara C, Bulsara M, Vickery A, Smith J, Codde J. Use of cannabinoid-based medicine among older residential care recipients diagnosed with dementia: study protocol for a double-blind randomised crossover trial. Trials. 2020;21(1):188. Published 2020 Feb 14. doi:10.1186/s13063-020-4085-x