CBD Benefits For Neurological Disorders
This is a scientific guide.
- learn exactly how CBD protects the brain from neurodegenerative disorders
- discover the optimal CBD dosage tested and possible adverse effects
- find out how this nonintoxicating compound may protect the brain from some effects of aging
Let’s get started.
Published December 12, 2019
There is evidence for therapeutic effects of CBD on multiple neurological disorders including:
- Parkinson disease
- Huntington disease
- multiple sclerosis
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- traumatic brain injury
- glioblastoma (1)
- This research is a review of the literature and a discussion of reasons for cannabinoid success and failure in treating neurological disorders.
- This CBD research explains why cannabinoids have varying effects on neurological disorders and propose that the endocannabinoidome (the larger endocannabinoid signaling system) is the reason for the imprecise effects of treating patients with cannabinoids. (3)
Interested to learn exactly how CBD relieves pain? Guide to CBD benefits for pain and inflammation relief.
Video: CBD For Parkinson’s Disease
Keywords: neurological disorder, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington disease, multiple sclerosis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, traumatic brain injury, stroke, epilepsy, glioblastoma.
Cristino L, Bisogno T, Di Marzo V. Cannabinoids and the expanded endocannabinoid system in neurological disorders. Nat Rev Neurol. 2020;16(1):9–29. doi:10.1038/s41582-019-0284-z